It's been 3 1/2 years since we lost John Ritter from a heart condition. His family is collectively seeking more than $67 million in damages, because of his potention high earning power, reports PEOPLE.

In February, a Los Angeles County jury will consider actor John Ritter's 2003 death from a heart condition.

On one side is his widow, actress Amy Yasbeck, and Ritter's four children, who contend in their wrongful-death suit that the actor's life could have been saved – and who collectively seek more than $67 million in damages, because of sitcom star Ritter's potential high earning power.

Already, the family has received more than $14 million in settlements, according to court records, reports the Los Angeles Times.

read full story here

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // January 27, 2008 at 5:19 AM  

    PROVIDENCE SAINT JOSEPH HOSPITAL NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED !!

    On August 15, 2006 I went into that facility for a routine procedure. Following surgery, I developed a nosocomial (hospital-acquired) case of 'Man-eating Flesh Disease" ...NECROTIZING FASCIITIS. My two day stay turned into two months and 6 more surgeries to save my life and leg.

    To date the hospital assumes no responsibility and says I must have had 'man-eating flesh disease' when I came there. Strange how the pre-op test never found that.

    I am still healing from the ordeal and fighting to get a normal life back. Medical errors kill over 98,000 people in this country a year. Hospital infections kill another 100,000. (per the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention in Atlanta.) Yet after numerous complaints while I was still in the ICU, my family could not get the LA Public Health dept to come out and investigate.

    I hope the Ritter family hits them hard where it counts...the bottom line. Lucky for them and the Quaids they are famous. Otherwise they would be in the same boat as the rest of us - fighting the $250,000 MICRA CAP and unable to get justice!

    www.youtube.com/AmendtheCap