Dog The Bounty Hunter, Duane Chapman releases this statement in the wake of his racist bust caught on tape.

"My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language. I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation. It was completely taken out of context. I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term. I have the utmost respect and aloha for black people – who have already suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred. I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world. I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused.

"In Hawaii, we have something called Ho'oponopono, where people come together to resolve crises and restore peace and balance. I am meeting with my spiritual advisor, Rev. Tim Storey, and hope to meet with other black leaders so they can see who I really am and teach me the right thing to do to make things right, again.

"I know that all of my fans are deeply disappointed in me, as well, as I have tried to be a model for doing the right thing. I did not do the right thing this time, and hope you will forgive me. We learn from our mistakes, as my story of overcoming a life of crime has proven, and I will learn from this one for the rest of my life."

I rejected this show, specifically for the way this family looked, but have recently embraced it. They do mean well.

They do what the do to help clean up a dirty society and try to get through to each person they pick up . He looks like a dinosaur, so I'm not totally surprised that his mind is stuck in a horrid place, but maybe this experience will bring him into the present and keep him from spreading the hatred further to his youngsters!!

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // December 1, 2007 at 7:34 AM  

    dog dont apologise every one makes mistakes your a good man your fans are not dissapointed in you at all we love and respect you i think all this has got out of hand and they have embarrest you in front of the nation i live in the uk and we all love you over here keep safe dog bless xx glyn umphries
    uk (united kingdom) west midlands wolverhampton /bilston